Last Updated: March 29, 2021
1. Contact Your Insurance Company to Resolve the Complaint
Before reaching out to OCI about your dispute, contact the insurance company and ask them to resolve the issue.
- State your dispute to the company’s representative.
- Ask them what you need to do to submit your dispute (e.g., write a formal letter of complaint, file any specific forms, provide supporting documentation, etc).
- Keep records of all your communications with the insurance company regarding your dispute. When calling, note the phone number you called, the name of the person you spoke with, the date of the call, and write a brief summary of the conversation. Keep copies of all correspondence between you and the insurance company regarding the complaint, including all emails you send and receive.
- Gather and send all of the required documentation to the address provided by the insurance company. Note: you should send copies (not the originals) of all your personal supporting documentation, such as invoices, notes, canceled checks, notices, etc.
If you are unable to resolve your dispute with the insurance company or aren’t satisfied with how they respond to your claim, move to Step 2.